|image from 4.bp.blogspot.com|
Without further ado – the highlights of September 2011:
- Visiting the NYS Fair with the boys and hanging out with my brother at his house. This was the month when Q learned to swim and his time spent in my brother’s pool was integral to the process. Bonus that my brother is a doctor in case of any near drowning incidents.
- NYC with the girls. No further explanation necessary or offered.
- Participating in the American Memorial Triathlon
- Outstanding meals at Cafe Capriccio and the Capital City Gastropub
- A memorable birthday breakfast
- Celebrating birthdays and a marriage with friends
And now, the lowlights:
- Seeing people I love struggle with loss and personal challenges
- Losing the only other girl in my home, Cassidy Bono Lilly, for a night. She was picked up by animal control when an unnamed Lilly boy did a crap job taking care of her. She is no worse for her night spent at the Menand’s animal shelter and perhaps appreciates home more now than ever.
- Having a routine follow-up PET scan at Albany Med. It sucks to walk through the door marked “Oncology” and know that you’re in the right place.
I can’t be alone in doing this, right? Don’t you weigh good and bad events in your life to try to evaluate how you’re doing? Do you check in, and if so, how?