In my hometown, Greenwood Lake, N.Y., there was a guy we called Noah. He was reputed to be building an ark and was quite a legendary character in our small town. He was the first person I ever knew to wear garbage bags as outerwear, predating Bradley Cooper’s Silver Lining Playbook character by nearly four decades. On his feet, he wore sneakers that flapped and were tied to his feet, and together, by dirty string which was wrapped around and around. He left quite an impression on me and I’m sure many of my oldest friends could chime in with their own recollections of that very eccentric old man.
With the rain we’ve been having, enough rain that Quinn is convinced that April and June traded places this year, I’ve been wondering if Noah’s Ark might still be viable and, if so, what I should pack if the deluge continues. I came up with a couple of things…
- The four males whose faces my day is incomplete without seeing, would definitely make the cut.
- As would my girl, Cassidy Bono Lilly
- A couple of books which I never tire of reading, namely The Book Thief, Bridge of Sighs, A Moveable Feast and Love Story. Quite the mixed bag, huh?
- My trusty Nikon D60 which fits perfectly in my hands.
- My iPod with all my music, including the desert island albums I wouldn’t want to be without.
- My posse of Lakers – they know exactly who they are, along with some honorary additions to the original crew.
- Wine, lots of wine.
- Something to write with.
- My sense of adventure and spirit of discovery.
How about you? What are you packing?